Monday, January 30, 2012

Post #0172 - Wake Up Call : Part II

Dear Earthlings, 

I'm on the fifth day medication. The chest pain is still there as well as the left hand. 
I went to reflexology last Saturday, trying out alternative medicine (and also because I was having back pain) but it doesn't make any difference. 

The whole morning spent in googling, and I discovered this -

Symptom and sign
Angina pectoris derives from Latin and translates as 'tight chest'. It feels like an oppressive, heavy, crushing pain or a constricting feeling in the centre of the chest behind the breast bone (sternum) or on the left side of the front of the chest. The pain can radiate out to either one or both arms, more often the left. It can be experienced in the throat, jaw, the stomach and, more rarely, between the shoulder blades.

Angina is pain or discomfort, most often in the chest, that happens when some region of the heart does not receive enough oxygen from the blood. It is usually a symptom of coronary artery disease, which occurs when the vessels that carry blood to the heart become narrowed and blocked due to atherosclerosis. Angina can feel like a squeezing pain, pressure, or tightness usually in the chest under the breastbone, but sometimes in the shoulders, arms, neck, jaw, or back. Angina is most commonly felt after physical exertion. It is also triggered by stress, extreme cold or heat, heavy meals, alcohol, and cigarette smoking.

The description of pain is exactly what I'm experiencing. 
And of course, I feel sad each time I think if I was meant to die young.
Tomorrow is my next appoinment with Dr. D. According to him, if the pain didn't subside, he will run another test, which I really hope I will not get this kind of diagnose. 


Now playing : -

3 comments:

  1. we pray, you and your family will breeze to this..amin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully semuanya ok reeva..jumpa dr daud eks kt dsh?..:-)..i remember most of the doctors kt DSH..hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Reyza : Thank you :)
    Elyana : Hahaha.. tepat skali!

    ReplyDelete