Friday, March 4, 2011

Post #0033 - There is a different between less pain and painless!

Dear Earthlings, 

My one day leave was granted for last Wednesday. The plan is to pamper myself. Together with me, was BigSis. It took us more than a month to plan a day out. Mainly because she has tight schedule. Lil Sis I was suppose to join us, however, she cancelled last minute and decided to spend three weeks with her husband in Dubai. 

My day started as usual. Had to send off the Youngsters to the Nursery (which located close to 20km from our house) This is the con of having a distance Nursery. Sigh. 

The first place we went was Beijing Reflexology, located in Jalan Rahim Kajai 14, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail. Had 50 minutes session for the price of RM38. Their Reflexologists are all from China, hence they are not fluent in Bahasa/English. They can only communicate with simple English like numbers and the ever famous word in Bahasa - SAKIT. 
Next trip was the Sommerset - Nails and Waxing, Jalan Telawi 3 Bangsar. (Landmark :  in front of Affin Bank). At first I was a bit reluctant when BigSis pursuaded me for waxing. Then, after taking deep consideration, I decided to give it a go AND, I wasn't kidding when I say, it's eff SAKIT! Seriously, I thought what can be worse than giving birth?

Boy, I was wrong! It took me an hour and a half to complete the session. (Owh, puh-lease.. It is not because I have many hair but it was more to i-need-to-rest-a-bit-to-relieve-this-pain)

All I can hear was the waxer saying, 'please relax'. I was like, hellooo.. how can I relax in time like this?? (more curse)
MyGod. Half way through, I finally asked for a towel to grab. By then, the pain was (still) not tolerable but manageable. Less screaming though.


Despite the fact that I chose for less pain wax I can still feel the pain Damn* Damn* Even worse, I signed up for the package. Great. I spent more money for more pain. *Very brilliant*

My waxing tips for the first timer (so you can be less shameful than me)-
1) You have to physically and mentally prepared.
2) To grab something so you can channel your pain  (towel/cushion). 
3) Make sure your pubic hair is long enough, will be easier to pull the strip. Otherwise, they will use tweezer. 
4) Do not come a week before or a week after you having menstrual, because our skin tend to be more sensitive during that period.
5) Choose less pain wax.

FYI, there are many types of waxing. The common one would be brazillian and hollywood (or some called it, Sphynx). Brazillian wax removes the hair from the entire pubic region, except for a small patch just above the vaginal area.
While, Hollywood wax removes the hair from the entire pubic region. Ie - total gone. So, take your pick.  

After an hour and a half in the torture room, I then had manicure and pedicure at their Concourse Area. I wouldn't say it's an enjoyable one because that day, my body was like prone to injuries.

Our outing ended with a HUGE lunch in Chillies, BSC. We were starving as hell because there was no brekkie taken!

Now playing : Jason Mraz - Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment